The 2006 STARC Summer Institute Application
Available in Portable Document Format (pdf)
This application is due February 14th, 2006
Name: Email: Phone Number for January - May 2006: Community/Region/School: Mailing Address: Earliest you can be in the Bay Area in June: Preferred gender pronoun (she, he, ze, etc.): How did you hear about the STARC Summer Institute?
Please answer the following questions as completely as you can we have included suggested lengths to guide you, but write as much or as little as you need to. We ask these questions not because you need to impress us with the number of things you’ve done, but just so that we can learn more about you and see if you are a good fit for our program so be yourself! You may also include other writings you feel may be relevant (poetry, articles you’ve written, letters of recommendation, etc but please be concise).
- Please provide us with a personal her/zer/history of your community involvement and organizing (Suggested length: 1 page)
- What are you hoping to get out of the Summer Institute? (Suggested length: 1-2 pages)
- What role does building community serve in your organizing? Do you have experience living in community/cooperatively? (Suggested length: 1-2 page)
- What role does challenging racism, sexism & gender, classism, ableism, heterosexism, and other oppressions have in the work you do and the life you live? (Suggested length: 1-2 page)
- Because of our commitment to prioritizing the leadership of those most targeted by oppression, we hope you will choose to self-identify in the following ways:
- Gender Identity:
- Sexual Orientation:
- Other parts of your identity you’d like us to know about:
Jan. 1st: Announcement and applications are available
Jan. 31 st: Applications due by midnight to STARC-SI@riseup.net or
snail-mailed to Amy Schoenwald at 2602 Sutter Street,
San Francisco, CA 94115.
Feb. 6th-20th: During this time there will be phone interviews.
Mar. 15th: We’ll notify all applicants by this date if you’ve been accepted or on the waiting list.
*All dates are subject to change.
*IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THIS APPLICATION OR ABOUT STARC,
PLEASE CONTACT US VIA EMAIL AT STARC-SI@riseup.net
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!